"It is only by drawing often, drawing everything, drawing incessantly, that one fine day you discover, to your surprise, that you have rendered something in its true character" — Camille Pissarro
Drawing skills are an asset to any creative project. The good news is that anyone can learn to draw. Essentially, it is about learning how to see — a process that takes time, patience and lots of practice!
5 tips to help improve your drawing skills ~
1. Make drawing everyday a priority ~ "Always draw first"
2. Begin looking at everything in terms of simple shapes - circles, squares, triangles, rectangles...
3. Try not to get bogged down by details
4. Get proportions right using comparative measurements
5. Take breaks...
6. Look at your work (in progress) from different points of view (in a mirror or upside down) to see how your doing
CHALK PASTEL AND CHARCOAL DRAWINGS
GRAPHITE ON DURA-LAR (FILM)
DRAWINGS FROM MY SKETCH BOOK
DRAWINGS FROM LIFE